The CY8CKIT-143A PSoC(c) 4 BLE 256KB Module with Bluetooth 4.2 Radio
This one is invaluable where analog or simple high speed digital
logic is required, low-level C code is easily integrated if required.
Super low power modes make it ideal for long term battery operation.
- 3 to 5Volt VDD
- Supports super low power modes.
- Built-in ARM Cortex M0 at 48MHz.
- Small FPGA fabric, visually programmable.
- Built-in analog and digital blocks for high level hardware
- Built-in Bluetooth Low Energy hardware components (including
on-board antenna) with 4.2 compliant software stack.
- Specialized capacitive sensing hardware.
- Conveniently socketed to plug to standard 2 row headers.
- PSoC Creator IDE integrates C code development and compile,
visual FPGA logic design, compiling, linking, synthesizing,
and debugging of the complete hardware/software application.
- Uses well known GCC tool set.
The PSoC Creator IDE
The PSoC Creator IDE is a free Windows application that brings this
little board to life. As show in the following screen captures,
it seamlessly integrates in a single application all development,
build, and debug activities for this chip.
My only complaint is that there is no simulation capability for
the FPGA fabric. Without bringing internal signals out to pins
and using a digital logic analyzer it is very difficult to debug
the hardware logic. If you have a logic analyzer such as
there are usually plenty of unused pins you can use as probes.